Notice Last Updated: May 03 , 2018
Welcome to the Privacy Notice of GOKISSAMOS CAR RENTAL. We may need to change chapters of this Privacy Notice from time to time, so be sure to check back. If we make a change that significantly affects you, we will notify you by posting on our website or e-mail to you prior to the change becoming effective.
Please feel safe about giving us access to your personal information. Use this Privacy Notice to find out what happens to your personal information when you interact with GOKISSAMOS website and what choices you have. This Privacy Notice covers the personal information the GOKISSAMOS companies collect, use and disclose through your use of our products and services either online or offline.
RENTING A VEHICLE
When you make a reservation, we collect personal information from you, such as:
- email address
- home and/or business address
- telephone numbers at which we can reach you
- date of birth
- payment information such as your credit or debit card details (security code is obtained for transaction only – we do not keep it)
- information from driver’s license and/or other government issued identification
- special discount codes, partner member numbers, association memberships (for discounts, special privileges and points programs)
- other information that may be required to rent you a vehicle and/or provide you with services
We may also collect :
- demographic information
- where you rented the vehicle,
- were any special needs or equipment requested,
- whether you are part of a corporate or rewards program,
- where and when you returned the vehicle,
- customer service inquiries or complaints,
- payment arrangements,
- insurance preferences,
- gas consumption,
- accident history
We use this information to address your rental and also to better understand our customers and provide you with relevant offers.
Some vehicles come equipped with a global positioning system (GPS) or similar type tracking device that may also collect information about the vehicle.
When you purchase a gift certificate, we may collect the name and mailing address of the gift recipient in order to fulfill your order. We will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided. If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact our customer service as soon as possible.
Also we may record or monitor the phone call for qualify control, training or similar purposes.
Some vehicles may be equipped with devices which allow us to send commands to and receive certain information from the vehicle, including geolocation data from a global positioning system (GPS).
These devices are turned on all the time, even when other services or other media in the vehicle is turned off. GOKISSAMOS and its partners may collect and process vehicle data about the vehicle itself, such as fuel level, odometer, speed, diagnostic and performance data, tire pressure, accident or damage data, and location and direction of travel data. We do not use this information to profile your driving behavior.
This information assists us in providing our services (such as responding to unlocking door requests, remote start and stop and our unattended vehicle pick-up and return), software updates, product support, locating and responding to accidents, identifying reported lost, not returned, suspected of being stolen and stolen vehicles and as may be requested by law enforcement agencies. We may share vehicle data with third parties who assist us in providing and improving our services and with law enforcement agencies and others to protect our rights or to enforce the terms and conditions of our services.
Services like OnStar or other similar manufacturer provided features, which may be included in your rental, may collect vehicle data as well. We encourage you to go check out their privacy practices.
If during your rental you connect or pair your mobile device with the car (for instance via Bluetooth® or usb port), please unpair your device and delete any personal data stored on the car’s infotainment system.
PHOTOS & VIDEO
GOKISSAMOS may collect photos and videos in some instances, such as when you link your GOKISSAMOS account with your social media profile.
When you download, visit and use our websites automatically collects technical information. This section tells you more about what technical information we collect and why we collect it.
This helps us make the website more convenient and efficient. We also use these technologies to track website usage trends and patterns, personalize features, and tailor advertisements to you and provide you with a personalized marketing experience. We share website usage information about visitors with selected third parties for the purpose of targeting our Internet advertisements on our websites and other websites that display our advertisements. You can control your cookies and other technology preferences by going to your browser settings and tools.
GOKISSAMOS uses third-parties to provide online or electronic ads on our behalf. These third parties use data about your visits to our websites and send you customized ads that may be of interest to you. This information is collected using cookies, scripts, pixel tags, etags, web beacons and other similar technologies.
GOKISSAMOS might also shares personal information with third-parties to help us with our marketing and promotional projects, such as managing our social media pages, running contests, sweepstakes and other promotions, or sending marketing communications.
Don’t want to receive promotional and marketing emails and text messages from GOKISSAMOS? No problem! You can unsubscribe anytime.
You may be able to link your favorite social media profile such as, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google with your GOKISSAMOS account. GOKISSAMOS may collect some of the following personal information from your social media profile:
- profile picture, gender, marital status, sexual preference, birthday
- your list of friends (but we don’t collect information from their social media profile unless they’ve also linked their profile to their GOKISSAMOS account)
- professional information such as your current and prior work history; and
- personal likes, activities and interest information.
Why are we collecting the above information?
- customize offers and deals on our website
- send you relevant email offers with special deals and discounts
- send you relevant offers by mobile phone text messages
- update your profile information on our website
- allow you to publish check-in and check-out information to your linked social media accounts
- allow you to share your upcoming trips with friends
- allow you to view your friends’ that have linked their profiles upcoming trips.
We use analytic software, such as Google Analytics and others, to help us to better understand the functionality of our software on our websites This software may record information such as how often you visit our site, which features you use or don’t use, aggregated usage, performance data. This information isn’t connected to you.
GOKISSAMOS’s website , products and services are not for children under the age of 13. This includes any links to other websites that we provide for your convenience. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children for any reason. If you think we have received personal information of your child or another minor, please contact us directly.
GOKISSAMOS may use and share your personal information and vehicle data to affiliated and non-affiliated organizations (partners, service providers, independent licensees, travel agents, your employer or organization, brokers, booking engines, credit card issuers, etc.), that help us:
- make and confirm your rental reservation;
- verify drivers licenses or other government identification;
- verify safe driver criteria for qualified drivers;
- provide our rewards program and update partner points and rewards;
- verify eligibility to use designated account and discount codes;
- process payments and refunds;
- fraud check;
- connect with your corporate and commercial accounts;
- assist with navigation assistance or itinerary planning;
- provide customer assistance;
- handle debt collection;
- resolve toll, traffic or parking violations;
- processing any claims relating to accidents and/or injuries;
- providing roadside assistance services;
- to protect or defend the rights or well-being of us, our employees, customers or others; and
- as otherwise needed to provide the services you have requested
We share personal information with government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies in the following circumstances:
- to verify your driver’s license and ensure you meet our safe driver criteria;
- as requested by these agencies if the disclosure is required or permitted by law;
- to take action regarding illegal activities or violations of terms of service;
- if we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; and
- as otherwise required or permitted by law.
Want to opt out of receiving promotional and marketing emails and text messages from ABG or our promotional partners? No problem! You can opt out in a few ways:
- Log into your account and update your profile.
- Click “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email we sent you or at the end pf the HOME page of our official website
Want to close your account, stop doing business with ABG, or otherwise opt out of ABG collecting, using or disclosing your personal information? We will be sorry to see you go. Please contact our customer service representatives.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all the necessary reasonable steps to make sure your information is protected from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, alteration, destruction or loss. For more sensitive personal information, we use firewalls and Transport Layer Security (TLS) encryption. We do not ask for sensitive information, such as your credit card number, passcode, account number or pin number, in an e-mail, text or on a website If you do receive a suspicious request, do not provide your information and report it by contacting us as soon as possible. You are responsible for keeping your account passcode, membership numbers and pin numbers safe and secure. Don’t share those with anyone! If there is an unauthorized use or any other breach of security involving your information, you must notify us at the customer service contact information below as soon as possible! GOKISSAMOS is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage if your account passcode, membership numbers and pin numbers are stolen or used inappropriately.
STORAGE AND RETENTION
GOKISSAMOS, just like our customers, are all over the world.GOKISSAMOS stores your personal information in the United States. Sometimes,GOKISSAMOS may need to transfer your information to locations outside the United States as part of our normal business operations, and the information may be subject to laws of other countries. If so,GOKISSAMOS takes reasonable steps to ensure your information is treated and protected similarly as if it were in the United States. This Privacy Notice is intended to be governed by the laws of the Greece and meet the laws and requirements of the European Union, which may not necessarily be consistent with the laws and regulations of the country where you live.GOKISSAMOS keeps your personal information for as long as you have an account with GOKISSAMOS. If you close your account or request we provide you our services, we may retain your information because we have legal, auditing or account obligations or it is in our archive system and cannot be separated from other information.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Want to know ifGOKISSAMOS has your personal information on file? Need to update your contact details or other information? WantGOKISSAMOS to delete your personal information? You play an active role in helping GOKISSAMOS keep your information up to date and accurate. You can update some of your information by logging into your account and editing your profile, or you can contact our customer service for assistance in accessing, correcting or deleting your personal information. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe. We may take steps to verify your identity before granting access to your information or making corrections or deletion. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you access or make the corrections, and will let you know how you can challenge our decision. Sometimes, we may not be able to delete your information, as explained in the storage and Retention section above.